Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Lance is right....


..It's not about the bike.

When I found out I had cancer, right before I went to the hospital, I dug out my cheery-yellow Livestrong wristband. Now, I will admit when I bought the wristband it was more for fashion than for cancer support. I was nervous about the surgery, and needed a good-luck charm of sorts, a reminder that I would get through it.

I haven't removed the wristband since I put it on the day before I went into the hospital. What was once a fashion accessory is now a reminder to fight the good fight everyday. It's hard to believe that I found inspiration in a $1.00 yellow bracelet, but I did. Sometimes when I need strength, I look down at my bracelet, and as cheesy as this sounds, I see Lance Armstrong on his bike, telling me to live strong. I will Lance, I will, for as long as I can.

Love y'all
Myra
PS: I LOVE reading your comments, please continue to post!

No comments: